1, What is WordPress?
In one line and at its most basic, WordPress is a program which powers over 35% of the website on the web. It combines many tools, functions and plugins, that all combined just work seamlessly.
2. Is WordPress really Free? If so why am I paying you?
Ok so yes WordPress is completely free, 1000s of the functions on WordPress are also free, What is not free however is your domain and hosting, they are usually an annual or monthly charge. And why do you pay me? Your paying for my experience!
3. What is the Difference Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
WordPress.org, often called self-hosted WordPress, is the free, open-source WordPress software that you can install on your own web host to create a website that’s 100% your own. WordPress.com is a for-profit, paid service that is powered by the WordPress.org software. It’s simple to use, but you lose much of the flexibility of the self-hosted WordPress.
4. Who uses WordPress?
Many large companies power their websites using WordPress from Microsoft to The White House,
5. But I use Wix why should I use WordPress?
Simply put, Wix is to a WordPress Developer what a 3-minute microwave meal is to a Michelin-Star Chef
6. Why does WordPress require Updates?
There are many reasons why your WordPress website will require updates including
- Security, if you are not using the latest version of WordPress, then you are using software with known security vulnerabilities. Hackers can search for websites running the older version, and you may become a victim of a sophisticated attack.
- Latest Features, as with any updateable technology with new updates come new features, also some of the new plugins will require the latest WordPress version to be installed.
- Speed, WordPress developers are always seeking ways to WordPress run faster and more efficient. Every new release comes with several performance improvements that make WordPress run more efficiently.
7. Do I have to run a Blog on WordPress?
No, while WordPress is a blogging platform, and it is a key aspect of WordPress, and there are countless advantages to having a blog on your website it is not necessary to use the function.
8 Can I sell using WordPress?
Absolutely WordPress has endless eCommerce functionality you can easily add an online store to your WordPress site and sell both digital and physical goods.
9 Can I track visitors to a WordPress Website?
Yes, there are many visitor tracking tools available to WordPress users, the primary one is Google Analytics which is a free analytical tool. It tells you what pages users are seeing on your website, where they came from, and what they did on your website.
10. My WordPress site is slow, how do I speed it up?
No one likes slow websites, particularly Google. Slow websites are not only bad for your users, they also negatively affect your SEO, Talk to the WordPress Guy today about speeding optimisation, I’ll be happy to assist.